You want to be sure to buy Wisconsin homeowners insurance to protect your home and your personal possessions, but how much insurance do you need and how can you get a cheap rate? Here are the answers to those questions.
How Much Insurance Do You Need to Buy?
You need enough to buy enough insurance to…
1. Rebuild your home. To get an idea of how much it would cost to rebuild your home, get an estimate from a local builder or a real estate agent.
2. Replace the contents of your home. Most homeowners policies set this amount at 50% of the amount of insurance you have on the house itself. You should make a list of everything you own so you can determine if this is enough coverage.
3. Pay for you and your family to live someplace else while your home is being repaired after it’s been damaged.
4. Protect your assets in case someone is hurt or their belongings are damaged while in your home or on your property.
How Can You Get a Cheap Rate on Homeowners Insurance?
You want to protect your home with homeowners insurance, but you don’t want to pay more than you need to. To help keep the costs of your homeowners insurance down, follow these tips:
* Set your deductible as high as you can. The deductible is the amount you pay before insurance kicks in. The higher your deductible, the lower your premium.
* Get all the discounts you qualify for. Insurance companies commonly offer discounts for safety features such as deadbolts, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, and sprinkler systems, as well as senior citizen discounts, auto/home discounts, and non-smokers discounts. Ask your insurance professional about any other discounts you might qualify for.
* Shop rates through an insurance comparison website. By comparing insurance quotes you can make sure you’re getting the best rate possible. And on the best insurance comparison websites, you can even talk with insurance professionals and get answers to all your insurance questions (see link below).