Over the last 72-hour weekend reporting period, the St. Mary Parish Sheriff’s Office responded to 125 complaints and reports the following arrests:
- Brad Vincent, 38, 428 Ninth Street, Franklin, was arrested on July 20 at 1 p.m. on a warrant for burglary of an inhabited dwelling and on a warrant for simple burglary. Detectives of the Criminal Investigation Division investigating a string of residential burglaries in the Charenton area in early 2016 developed Vincent as a suspect in the crimes. In April of 2016, detectives conducted a search warrant in Iberia Parish and located several items that had been reported stolen in Vincent’s vehicle and other evidence linking Vincent to the crimes. Detectives obtained warrants for Vincent’s arrest.Vincent was transported from the Iberia Parish jail to the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center for booking on the warrants. Vincent was then transferred to the Iberia Parish jail for housing.
- Areana Candanedo, 26, 7104 Park Road #6, Morgan City, was arrested on July 21 at 7:47 a.m. on a warrant for criminal mischief. In April, a deputy received a complaint of misuse of 911. The deputy received information that Candanedo contacted emergency medical services in Franklin in order to get a ride to Morgan City. A warrant was issued. Candanedo was being housed at the Morgan City Police Department jail. A correctional officer located the warrant and booked Candanedo. No bail is set.
- Jacolby Westley, 29, 109 Edward Lane, Jeanerette, was arrested on July 21 at 2:13 p.m. on a warrant for failure to appear on the charges of operating a vehicle without insurance, failure to dim lights for an oncoming vehicle, no driver’s license on person, improper headlamps, and expired motor vehicle inspection. Westley turned himself in at the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center for booking. No bail is set.
- Bryan Sisk, 32, 3580 Chitimacha Trail, Charenton, was arrested on July 20 at 4:49 p.m. on a warrant for failure to appear on the charge of criminal neglect of family. A correctional officer transported Sisk from the St. Martin Parish jail to the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center on the warrant. Bail is set at $10,778.60.
- Peter LeBlanc, 27, 503 Hubertville Road, Jeanerette, was arrested on July 22 at 11:50 p.m. for the following offenses:
– Switched, stolen license plate
– No driver’s license
– No motor vehicle insurance
– No vehicle registration
– Warrant from the Jeanerette Police Department for criminal damage to property
A deputy observed a vehicle traveling 30 miles per hour in a posted 55 miles per hour zone on LA Highway 319. The deputy also observed the driver cross the centerline of the roadway multiple times. The deputy conducted a traffic stop and identified the driver as Leblanc. The deputy found that LeBlanc stole the license plate that was displayed on the car and that he was driving without a license, no insurance, and no registration. Leblanc was transported to the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center for booking. No bail is set.
- Steven Rose, 41, 400 Bayou Blue Road, Houma, was arrested on July 23 at 4:31 a.m. for the following offenses:
– Possession of Schedule II (methamphetamine)
– Possession of Schedule III (hydrocodone)
– Possession of drug paraphernalia
– Resisting an officer
Shelby Raiford, 25, 400 Bayou Blue Road, Houma, was arrested on July 23 at 4:12 a.m. for possession of Schedule II (methamphetamine).
Deputies observed 2 subjects standing outside of a parked vehicle at the intersection of Cotton Road and US Highway 90 in the Patterson area. As deputies turned around to investigate, the subjects got into the vehicle and drove behind the Patterson Community Center. Deputies made contact with the subjects and identified them as Rose and Raiford. While speaking with them, deputies received consent to search the truck and located methamphetamine. Rose then began to walk away. A deputy observed Rose reach into his pocket, produce a small container, and discard it on the ground. Rose refused deputies orders to stop. The canister was collected and found to contain methamphetamine and items of drug paraphernalia. Deputies also located Hydrocodone pills inside the truck. Rose attempted to pull away from a deputy during his arrest. Rose and Raiford were transported to the S. Mary parish Law Enforcement Center for booking. No bail is set.
- Terry Lacoste, 46, 108 Enterprise Drive, Patterson, was arrested on July 23 at 5:07 p.m. on a Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office warrant for residential contractor fraud. A deputy received information about the active warrant for Lacoste’s arrest and located him at his residence. Lacoste was transported to the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center for booking. No bail is set.
- William Harness, Jr., 49, 1363 Joseph Street, Siracusa, was arrested on July 23 at 8:34 p.m. for domestic abuse battery. Deputies were dispatched to a report of domestic abuse at a residence in Siracusa. Deputies found evidence that Harness struck a female victim in the face.
Harness was transported to the St. Mary Parish Law Enforcement Center for booking. Bail is set at $2,500.
- Juvenile male, 15, Morgan City, was arrested on July 24 at 3:48 a.m. for the following offenses:
– Failure to properly signal a turn
– Improper lane usage
– Stop sign violation
– Curfew violation
– No driver’s license
Juvenile male, 16, Morgan City, was arrested on July 24 at 3:48 a.m. for curfew violation.
A deputy on Mercury Road in Bayou Vista observed a vehicle traveling in the wrong lane. The deputy also observed the driver travel through a stop sign without stopping and make a turn onto Middle Road without signaling the maneuver. The deputy conducted a traffic stop and identified the driver and passenger as juveniles. The driver was operating the vehicle without a license. Both occupants were violating the parish curfew ordinance. Both juveniles were released to guardians pending juvenile court proceedings.