The School Board approved:
Resolution in memory of Dorothy DeJean who served as a bus driver for 13.5 years.
Resolution in memory of Mamie Lou McMillion who served as a secretary for 35 years.
Proclamation declaring October as United Way Month in St. Charles Parish Public Schools.
Proclamation supporting the goals and ideals of National School Bus Safety Week.
Proclamation declaring October 10-14, 2016 as National School Lunch Week.
Board meeting minutes of August 22 and 24, 2016.
Request for proposals for a review of the salary schedule.
Second reading and approval of the 2016-2017 Pupil Progression Plan.
Change order number one of the elementary school lighting fixture replacement project resulting in a credit of $30,416.
Substantial completion of the elementary school lighting fixture replacement project.
Renewal of the Medicare Advantage Plan from Humana at a cost of $1,958,037.
Renewal of the general liability insurance package from Arthur J. Gallagher at a cost of $305,754.10.
Accounts payable for August 2016 totaling $6,109,377.42.
Dareion Dallon – Luling Elementary School Custodian
Sandy Darensbourg – Luling Elementary School Custodian
Monique Hodson – Hahnville High School Technical Site Coordinator
Warren LeBeauf, III – J.B. Martin Middle School Custodian
· Forty-five school system employees were recognized for 20 years of service.
· Twenty-three school system employees were recognized for 25 years of service.
· Ten school system employees were recognized for 30 years of service.
· Two school system employees were recognized for 35 years of service.
· Two school system employees were recognized for 40 years of service.
· Becky Weber, principal of Norco Elementary School, has been selected at the 2016 St. Charles Parish Public Schools’ Principal of the Year.
· The HHS vs. DHS football game will take place at Destrehan High School on September 23 and will be streamed live at www.battleontheriver.com.
· Chief Plant Services and Security Officer John Rome presented facility improvements.
· Schools will be closed October 3 for Fall Break.