Thousands of manufactured homeowners who didn’t have insurance lost everything they owned when Katrina struck. Don’t let that happen to you. Here’s how to get cheap manufactured homeowners insurance so you’ll be protected.
What Manufactured Homeowners Insurance Covers
Manufactured homeowners insurance includes the following coverages:
* It pays to repair or replace your manufactured home when it’s been damaged by vandalism, fire, smoke, burst water pipes, or acts of nature. It also covers your garage, storage shed, and other unattached buildings.
* It pays to replace your personal belongings such as clothes, appliances, furniture, electronics, and tools, when they’ve been damaged by fire, vandalism, burst water pipes, smoke, or acts of nature.
* It pays for the additional living expenses you may incur, such as hotel, motel, and restaurant bills, when your home is being repaired and you need to live elsewhere.
* It pays your legal fees, court costs, and court-awarded damages when you’re held liable for injuring someone.
* It pays for damages to your mobile home if those damages occur when it’s being driven to a new location.
Types of Manufactured Homeowners Coverage
There are two types of mobile home coverage:
1. Cash value coverage which pays to repair or replace your home minus a deduction for depreciation.
2. Replacement cost coverage which pays to repair or replace your home without any deduction for depreciation.
Getting Cheap Manufactured Homeowners Insurance
The best way to get cheap manufactured homeowners insurance is to comparison shop. And the easiest way to do that is to visit an insurance comparison website where you can compare rates from a number of companies and pick the cheapest one (see link below).
To lower your insurance rate even further make sure you get the highest deductible you can afford, and get all the discounts you’re eligible for. Some common discounts include:
* A discount for having a newer manufactured home
* A discount for having security devices – burglar alarms, dead-bolt locks
* A discount for having safety devices – smoke detectors, fire extinguisher
* A discount for having your auto and manufactured home insurance with the same company
Visit http://www.LowerRateQuotes.com/homeowners-insurance.html or click on the following link to get manufactured homeowners insurance rate quotes from top-rated companies and see how much you can save. You can get more insurance tips in their Articles section, and get answers to your questions from an insurance expert by using their online chat service.