The Woodlands TX Homeowners Insurance
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it. Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets. Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damages caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners’ responsibility.
Why would you need homeowners insurance?
* If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you would need money to repair or replace it.
* If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
* If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs
* If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that a homeowners insurance policy is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask our agents to talk about what is covered, and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what’s included and what is not.
Things to consider:
* How much will it cost to rebuild my Spring TX house, for example, and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask our agent to talk you through your home’s features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
* What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policies, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
* What’s the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)