The largest and most expensive investment most people will make in their lifetimes is their home. Because of this, you must hire the best painter or painting company when it comes to painting your house. There are some critical questions you should ask, no matter if you live in Naperville or some other city.
1) Are you insured? This question is critical Scratch the painter off your list if the answer is “no.” If there is an accident or any problems the insurance will protect both you and the painter. A reputable painter will offer show you copies of the policies for both workers compensation and liability insurance. You should also be able to see a copy of the contractor’s license in states that require them.
2) How long have you been painting houses? Ideally, you would like to hire an individual or a company that has been in business for several years, rather than several weeks or months. A painter that has been in business for some time shows that he does a good enough job to stay in business. Ensuring that you are happy with the job will also be more important to the painter if he is local. A Naperville house painter will be more likely to make sure the job is done to your satisfaction becuase he knows you will tell your neighbors in Naperville about your experience.
3) Before you start painting, what type of prep work do you do? The paint will both look better and be longer lasting if the prep work is done correctly. You want to make sure potential painters will wash, scrape, sand and caulk appropriately. If you’re looking to lower the overall cost of the paint job, prep work is an area you can tackle yourself. What level of prep work is acceptable is an important thing to come to an agreement about before the contractor begins the job.
4) When can you begin the job and how long will it take? The answer to these questions might make a big difference to you. You may want to look at someone else if one of the potential contractors says it will be several weeks before he can start the job. The urgency of the project and your patience level will determine if you can wait that long. Another important thing to remember is one contractor might take longer to complete the job because he is going to do a better job.
5) Who is actually going to paint my home? With many companies, the person who you meet with to get the estimate will not be the person who actually paints your house. Ask about the employees who will be working on your project and determine if the group will include a crew leader as well. The training program for new employees and whether they do background checks before hiring someone are also things you will want to ask about. I’m guessing you don’t want a new hire learning on the job on your house and painting companies often have a high turnover rate. You’ll also want to make sure the estimator comes to your house to do the estimate. A good estimate takes an actual inspection and not just looking up some statistics like wall area.
Picking the right painter for your house is very important. [Aside from simply meeting and feeling comfortable with the painter, you should ask some questions about their business and procedures. The answers to these questions will help you find the best Naperville house painterand make sure you pick the best painter for your job.